Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Obtaining a Marriage License at the Paranaque City Hall

I am one happy customer of the Paranaque City Hall since I recently obtained my marriage license from its Civil Registry Office. We went there with the following documents:

birth certificate
barangay clearance
pre-cana certificate/certificate of family planning attendance
parent's consent/advise

Foreigners would require additional documents from their embassy and the Arzobispado.

We were in and out of the Civil Registrar's office in less than an hour. Got our form, filled it out, attached docs, met the Civil Registrar, paid the fees (PhP200) and the notary public (PhP50). Went back after ten working days to get our marriage license. Painless!

Read about my happy experience here.


  1. Requirements to apply for a marriage license for an USA citizen, besides the affidavit that was issued by the US Embassy in Manila

  2. I am considered a foreigner here in the Philippines when I became a US citizen through naturalization in November 15, 1974. I have marriages here but were terminated by filing divorce at a US Court and was issued a divorce decree to both my marriages. Why does a civil registrar in my home town still want me to file for an annulment. The US government recognizes annulment from the Philippines, but the Philippines does not recognize divorce. As a foreigner, why do I have to have a CENOMAR to get a marriage license?